About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Tuesday, September 30, 2014

How in the World Does One Combine Poetry and NASCAR?






I have actually done that twice. Okay, so I never said it was good poetry. My most recent attempt is for a contest that is being held on the 2012 NASCAR champion's website. The challenge is in regards to said driver (Brad Keselowski). It is a creative challenge that asks: " If Brad were a monster, what would he be, and why?"

If you think that is a strange question to ask, I agree. However, there is a method behind the madness (NASCAR is not all about madness). The monster theme has to do with the most recent race because that race track has a huge monster statue out front.

Yup, and that explains the strange image that goes with this post too. And where does the poetry bit come in? That was just my idea to make my entry more creative because the NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski himself will pick the winner.

Anyway, to make my stats look more impressive and to help me earn points towards NASCAR swag, I would appreciate if you could visit my entry and use any of the social media buttons on the post to share it. Thanks!

No comments: