About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Adult Coloring Book Review: Color Me (Winter and Christmas Themed)


Yes, I know that I am a bit late for doing a review on a holiday themed coloring book. I have had this coloring book for a while, I just haven't gotten around to writing a review because ... well, I have been spending my free time coloring.

Anyway, I picked this one up at Target; it was in the merchandise shelves by the checkout line. You know, where you find the gossip rags, chewing gum and that. Color Me doesn't sound like a very descriptive title, but that's all it says on the cover. It's by pilbooks.com, if that helps. The book is postcard size (approximately 7 x 5 inches), so you can easily bring it with you.

Now, it's marketed towards adults, but the designs are super simple and many of them would work for children too. One thing I did not know until now, when I actually read the credits and that, is that the images in there were simply "lifted" from shutterstock.com. The designs are not single paged, so you have to choose your images that you want to color carefully because markers will bleed through to the picture on the backside.

Of course you won't have that problem if you use color pencils. Also, a lot of the designs repeat, and generally a nice design has a crappy one on the back page, so I didn't find this to be much of an issue, although I only buy single-sided coloring books otherwise. Why did I make an exception? Because of the portability of this one. Plus, I like the holiday themes, but did not want to buy a big book with wintery and Christmasy designs because they take too long to finish. A lot of these can be done in less than an hour (if you don't add your own details and don't bother with fancy techniques), so it's just right for those who have little time.

If you're able to still find it, it's still worth it because it has designs like snowflakes, winter scenes, teacups, birds and other animals.

No comments: